So here in the Ross household, we've been ridiculously happy. As in, grossly, makes-you-want-to-gag happy. What can I say? ... We just had a baby! And let me tell ya, even though we're swimming in size 1 & 5 diapers; even though neither of them can talk but they somehow coordinate to boycott sleeping on the same night; even though our firstborn is utilizing his new baby brother as a diversion while he gets into things he normally wouldn't make it within 10 feet of... Yes, despite these things, it's a beautiful life, my friends.Unfortunately, Ben has this thing called a job, and he had to return to it this afternoon. It's a bummer. I think the
boys know there's a major difference in coolness between Daddy and I: Gabriel doesn't even try to play cars with me. He shows up on my lap with the tamer toys- stuffed animals, books, etc. And Eli normally holds off on the motherload of post-meal pukes until Daddy takes over burping duty. So I have that to look forward to :) Seriously, though, Ben just brings a lot of the silly joy into the house. I have a sense of humor but I'm also the worrier of us two. Ben sings in the shower (really! And gosh I hope I don't get in trouble for making that public knowledge) and he doesn't freak out when Gabriel sticks his hand in the fish tank and starts stirring like there's no manana.So, United States Air Force, I hope you know how lucky you are to get him for 8 hours a day, 'cause he's a keeper.
1 comment:
You guys are so cute. I'm so glad you are staying positive about everything because I so didn't. I thought it was seriously ridiculous that Bridger as a tiny baby was tired and still wouldn't sleep. And the puking every 4 minutes? Not okay. You are a good role model for us complaining mothers who are actually getting 8 hours of sleep at night.
Post a Comment