I always find myself very contemplative before I give birth. I sort of take stock of my life before it changes all over again, before there's a new face in the house and everyone's roles shift just a bit. I think about the things I could be doing better. But most of all, I mentally list all the things I'm especially grateful for. Like:
- An amazing husband with tons of patience, who
- loves me even when I'm cranky
- and doesn't mind running out to get the random things I crave
- and tells me I'm beautiful even though I hardly feel like I am.
- And most importantly, loves God and is always always always working to grow in his faith and be more Christ-like. This one is HUGE. And it makes our life together so much more than it would be without it.
- My sweetheart, Gabriel, who just keeps getting taller and taller,
- is super helpful and loves to be with Daddy (his best friend in the whole world)
- and is really inspirational because he's one of the most enthusiastic people I know.
- And he says "Azerbaijan" in the cutest way
- and makes me laugh at how he yells his responses while watching Dora the Explorer
- and when he really, really enjoys something, he'll say, "Mommy, I LIKE IT!"
- Our charmer, Eli, who I wish didn't play up to the "middle child" label so well, but he really does.
- Hey, at least he's entertaining!
- And he's got the most adorable smile
- and the funniest little laugh
- and he still likes to snuggle with his mama.
- He's really sweet to Noah and gives him lots of hugs and kisses
- and even though he makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes, deep down inside, I'm laughing at his antics and sort of proud of how he channels his inner crazy.
- Have I mentioned his dimple?
- Little Noah -our Noah Pot Pie!- with his huge, dark eyes and silly laugh
- and current obsession with wearing a bucket on his head and always having a backpack on
- and how he says "Mee-na" instead of banana.
- He loves any kind of music and makes us laugh because he'll even dance to elevator music
- and I think, when you can jam to really boring music, that means you're going to lead a pretty awesome life. Don't you agree?
- And he's snuggly and squishy and if I could carry him around in my pocket, I totally would.
- Plus, our whole life package at the moment is pretty awesome. We live in a fun location with lots of interesting things and we are so close to embarking on the biggest adventure -so far- of our lives!
- It's scary and thrilling, but it's going to be fantastic because we'll be doing it together.
2 comments:
Lovin' the new look!! I'm sooo stinkin' behind on this blog! :0 I could comment on every tidbit of this post, but I'll just leave it at one as to not bore you...
IS THAT A SPONGE BOB TRESSEL PANTS!?!?
(Sponge Tressel Square Briefs? Sponge Tressel Square Vest? Sponge Bob Tressel Briefs? Sponge Jim Square Pants? What do you call that!?) <3 <3 <3
Ahahaha, that is so cute that he dances to elevator music...Max used to dance to classical. :)
Post a Comment