Friday, January 14, 2011

Mid-January Update!

Ugh, has it really been a couple weeks since I updated our family blog? Sorry to anyone who reads!

We had a wonderful Christmas spent partially in California and Ohio. My wonderful husband gifted me with tickets to fly with Noah to see my parents and grandparents for the holidays! It was very special. I haven't been able to visit the West Coast in awhile and my grandfather has not been doing well in his battle with cancer, so I am so grateful that I was able to spend some time with him and that he could meet Noah.
Photobucket
Noah and I with my mom, Avo, and Nonno

Photobucket
Noah and my dad

In Ohio, our older boys had a blast with their Papaw and Grandma Ross. They played in the snow every day and eagerly counted down until Christmas!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now are we back in Washington D.C.! Ben has returned to language class and we are all getting antsy as we near our baby girl's due date! Look at these super-cute knit hats I got for Quinn on Etsy! Aren't they adorable?! I can't wait to see her in them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Gabriel is as happy and energetic as ever. He's such a blessing as our oldest child: obedient for the most part, always willing to help, and very good with his younger brothers. He's doing really with his homeschooling and is slowly learning how to write his letters. We're very proud of him!
Photobucket
Eli is a stinker, but we just love him. For every sticky situation he gets himself into, he melts away our hearts with a cuddle session! In the past few months he's really grown; it's bittersweet to see him more as a little boy than as a sweet toddler. He's very independent and likes to do everything himself without help.
Photobucket
Noah is so entertaining! He talks more and better than Gabriel and Eli did at his age, and is generally such a happy little dude! He LOVES to dance, and he's not picky about the kind of music -- he'll break it down to anything. He's really started to bond with Gabriel and Eli, and it's so much fun to see the three of them forging such a good relationship. They're our Three Musketeers!
Photobucket
Ben only has a few more months of language class and then will begin his embassy training in May. He is definitely looking forward to it and I think his brain is as well :) His embassy stuff will span through the summer, then more language study for a couple months before we wrap things up in November! We are getting even more excited now that we are in the year that we leave, but are trying to savor our time left here in the States. We recently visited the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and are hoping to visit all the other places we've yet to go (we've seen most of the monuments at the National Mall).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hope everyone is doing well and I will do my best to update more regularly! Love to all of you!

4 comments:

Janice said...

Oh My Word. I have been meaning to catch up with you for months... and when I finally check in, not only are you pregnant, & not only are you pregnant with a baby girl, but you've only got 4-5 weeks to go before birth of said baby girl.
That will teach me.

You look Beautiful Lenae.

Emily said...

You look so cute. Your belly is exactly the same shape mine was with Maria.

I love hearing of your excitement about meeting your daughter. I can't wait to see pictures of her in all her pink glory. I hope her hair grows fast-pigtails! I know she is going to be just gorgeous, if she looks like your other children. I can never get over how good looking they are. You should have about five more, I think. The world needs more faces like that. :)

Emily said...

Those hats are precious, especially the pink one: nothing beats bear ears on a newborn baby! I can't wait to see her!

Winn Family said...

Love it all. And those hats ARE adorable! I can't believe how awesome and big your kids are now. And you look AWESOME! Sorry about the nervousness about the drive to the hospital..that is a long ways huh? But you've done it before right? If you don't get there you'll just rock it anyway :) (totally kidding, you'll get there!)