

Tonight was our first Azeri food night! I'm really trying to study up on the culture and get our palates as prepared as possible for the radical change in cuisine that will be available to us in the restaurants and stores there. Unfortunately, this recipe may not be the most drastic change-up from anything you'd eat in the States.
Pirojki (purr-oh-gi)potato or meat-filled "pies"
Unlike many of the other recipes on Farida's site, this one completely relies on very basic ingredients that are staples in most Americans' households and -from what I know about AZE- shouldn't be difficult to procure overseas. Making the dough was the most time-intensive part of the process, but overall it was easy-peasy, they were super yummy, and they're a great grab-and-go food for busy lunches or dinners!
What the boys busied themselves with while I was cooking.Note the various forms of undress... pretty much how we roll around here.
Our first stab at Azeri food: Success!

2 comments:
Those look delicious!!!
they look super yummy!
Post a Comment