The Rosses are in Washington DC!
Sorry for the long gap of silence here on the family blog; things definitely got a little hectic in Augusta as we neared our departure date. Overall, the moving process went fairly smoothly. The movers packed everything last Monday and loaded it all on Tuesday. The boys played "hockey" with leftover brooms and whatever items they could pillage from around the house while we cleaned up for the renters who would be moving in on Wednesday. Holy cow, deep-cleaning with three kids is a leeeeeetle stressful. The movers left later than we'd expected, so I ended up leaving the house around 8:30 for our friends' house where we'd be staying our last night in Augusta, and Ben stayed behind for a couple more hours to finish up.
A BIG thank-you to our dear friends, Steve and Ginger, for hosting us that last night. Their beautiful home in the country was just the place to rest up before we began the trek up north. We love you guys!
We split the drive over two days, and the kids did GREAT. The bigger boys and I were in the Ion; Ben and Noah rode in the van. Noah slept pretty much the entire time and Gabriel and Eli literally watched the same DVD about 15 times because we couldn't find the rest of our movies (they didn't mind. Gotta love kids!) Gabriel asked approximately 400 times when we would get to Washington DC, only to have him melt down completely when we actually arrived because apparently, the little dude thought that Washington DC was a PERSON. I kept telling him, "Honey, we're IN Washington DC. It's the city. See?" To which he'd reply, "Noooooooo! I want to go to Washington DC's house and share my racing giraffe!" Poor kid. We think he understands now. Sort of.
The house. It's gorgeous. Big, new, beautiful -- 1 block away from the Potomac River! We seriously hit the jackpot. I'll post pictures of the interior once we get everything unpacked, promise.
Ben doesn't have to start training until the 20th, so for now we're getting settled, exploring our new surroundings, and enjoying our Daddy-vacation. To all our Augusta friends- we already miss you dearly and appreciate all of your friendship and love. You're in our hearts forever :) And to everyone else- Come visit us! Like, right now, okay?
*If you read this entire thing, you win a prize! Not really, but thanks for hanging in there. You're a rockstar.
Ben and the boys in front of our new house.Gabriel is pointing at the Reagan National Airport,
which is just across the Potomac River.



2 comments:
Yippe, yippe, yippe!! I've been checking every day or two to see an update! So glad that you made it safe and sound! The house looks wonderful, and I can't wait to see the inside. Enjoy this time off with Daddy! What a blessing... Thanks for the update, Friend!! I know you're just a weeeee bit busy... ;)
Kate
I'm glad everything went as smoothly as it did! Now all the D.C people can get to know the awesome Rosses!! Lol ;-) Mrs. Brandy's totally mad at me because Mrs. Ginger said she was bringing me instead of her up to D.C. I didn't even ask to go up there with them.... I was just told I was going! Lol, but I'm not complaining! I'm already SO excited.... Anyways, I'm glad everyone's doing well and I pray for y'all everyday! I love you guys!!
Post a Comment