Tuesday, May 18, 2010

summer thoughts.

I love summer. I'm not particularly fond of the humidity here, but I'll take it if it means shorts, flip-flops, and watching my boys play on the Slip 'N' Slide in the front yard.
I have been waiting and waiting to behold my little chubster in swim trunks. He looks so stinkin' cute! Don't you want to scoop him up and squeeze?! You may notice in the top picture that he has (dead) grass clenched in his fist; Ben calls him our "free-range" baby :) He loves to try and eat grass and we both hate me having to dig it out of his mouth.
Our big boys are Slip 'N' Slide junkies. It's so much fun watching them go down the plastic runway into the splash pool. Ben is awesome and will stay outside with them for well over an hour, giving them a starting push as many times as they want.


Summer is awesome. Gabriel was born in the summer and I will always associate the season with one of the best moments in my life. The smell of sunscreen will always make me think of his first birthday and the barbecue we had here at the house with all of our closest friends; of a fantastic weekend getaway to Charleston last summer; and of countless other memories to be made, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Kenz said...

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my GOODness!! I think I could pick him and just squeeze! He should wear swim trunks all the time:-)

Michelle said...

Wow-I was there for Gabriel's 1st Birthday!! I can't believe how old he is, and how you have two other adorable little bacon bits!!!