
This month's poetry style: Shakespeare!
Go here to check out what PerPoTues is all about. Join in the fun!
I tried my hand at iambic pentameter, and several Google searches and 1 Youtube instuctional video later, I'm not sure I got it quite right. Nevertheless -and without further ado- I present my contribution to February's PerPoTuesday. Shakespeare, eat your heart out :)
When I was young I dreamt of ink blue seasI pictured myself posed before great sights
Visit wonders few are privileged to see
and smell the air at the world's rarest heights
My plans have changed in a dramatic way
Some have promised I've lost my truest self
"What's great about your routine, day to day?"
But I know the secret to glowing health
It's chubby toes splashing in the sea's tides
Small ones nestled in the heights of my arms
The privilege of family, contented sighs
The blessings and love of God that soothes harms
5 comments:
Ahh. I second this emotion :) Shakespeare never knew peace like this, I'm sure. Good work Lenae!
Beautiful poem! Our plans and priorities do change over time, don't they? I think it's just part of life and growing as individuals. I love how your gratitude and contentment shines through!
Beautiful Lenae!
Our plans are truly just that ours, aren't they. When we open our hearts to God's plan, it certainly does make for great sights.
Love it!! You definitely need to keep this up!!
"It's chubby toes splashing in the seas tides/Small ones nestled in the height of my arms"
That's pretty much the secret to happiness around here too! Great images!
Post a Comment