Life, lately, makes me think of rollercoaster rides. You know when you're sitting safely buckled into your seat and the car is tick-tick-ticking up an incline, and then it peaks, and then vwooooooooooooosh. You're screaming and so is everyone else.I keep trying to think of deep, meaningful things to write, but this post on Savvy Little Women inspired me to reach for some honesty and take a big chug.
So here it is:
We're vwoosh'ing. I have lost my mind every single day for the past week and probably gifted myself with far too many "I totally deserve this" mochas. I keep trying to pray but when I close my eyes, I see a to-do list and hear the theme songs to a dozen children's shows.
It will pass. The stress will dry up like a puddle on the sidewalk on a sunny day, and the kids will be running around on the lawn, and I'll turn to my husband, take his hand, and say sweetly, "Aw, let's have 4 or 5 more, eh?"
7 comments:
This post seems pretty deep and meaningful to me. Honest ones always are, you know?
I'm glad you're still making time for your blog, even though you're vwoosh'ing.
Amen on the future looking bright....just hold on tight in the meantime. It will get better! At least, that's what I keep telling myself :)
I love your honest posts. And, I know you know this, but one day you'll look at your kids and think, "How is it that I have no babies? No toddlers? No one in diapers? No pacifiers?" And while there is some relief in it, it's a bittersweet relief. You're very right in keeping your perspective . . . as much as it's possible in the middle of vwoosh'ing.
I think 'vwooshing' might be the best word ever! And I know exactly what you mean about seeing to-do lists when you try to pray... I am THERE right now.
I know little of the stress of what you're going through now, but even though I can't commiserate I do want to at least commend you on not losing your sense of humor and hope.
This post is extremely meaningful. Your awareness of being on the vwooshing, and knowing that it will pass is a lesson I am just starting to learn. Thanks for the reminder and prayers that the vwooshing slows soon.
I can so relate to this--we have three children under 5 now and sometimes it's all I can do to just hang on for the ride.
I loved your writing style here with the onomatopoeia of ticking and vwooshing. Very clever and most importantly, honest. You'll be so glad someday that you've recorded these days, too, along with the bright shining ones. (No worries about the mocha gifts, either. You totally deserve them.)
Post a Comment