Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Perfectly Poetical Tuesday: Choose Your Own!

Ah, Perfectly Poetical Tuesday is here, the glorious day of the month that makes my head hurt but is nevertheless quite rewarding (even though I probably wrote better poems in the 4th grade than the ones I've been producing...) This month's theme is a wild card: you can write in whatever style you wish! So go for it! Link up at The Little Stuff of Life and enjoy all the poetry you can take!

Brought to you in limerick form, I like to call this one, "Mama is a big baby and won't go out when weather.com says the temperature is 34 degrees":

Nick Jr. is boring us all.
We've played with our books, planes, and balls.
But the weather outside
Is a terrible fright,
And so I'll continue to stall.

Hope you're also staying warm, wherever you are! ;) I look forward to reading everyone's poems!

5 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Hehe :) I do the stall fairly well, myself :)

Emily said...

Ha Ha!! I, too, stall until I can at least stand in the bright sun.

Stephanie said...

Well, I sure don't mean to make your head hurt, but I love your poems every month!

This is a great one! And I don't blame you for wanting to stay in - brrrr!

Thanks for joining in and for the shoutout! :)

Lori said...

Ha! I feel the same way...I hate the cold too. In fact, I may not go outside again until it's flip flop weather :)

Emily said...

This sounds all too familiar to me. There's nothing but rain and wind here today and I spent all afternoon trying to come up with something to DO...but I don't think I came up with anything as rewarding as your limerick!