The cinquain has a fairly simple format, so I figured finally jumping into the
Perfectly Poetical Tuesday whirlpool would be a piece of cake. You'll find my name in the dictionary under 'over-confident' ;) I grumbled and scratched out a dozen tries before dashing this one out a few minutes ago while observing my 20-month-old son. Nothing like toddler antics for inspiration:
Spill!
That's okay
Set down bread,
dip bread in milk!
Innovation!
Join the fun and gobble up more cinquains at
The Little Stuff of Life! Have fun! And when in doubt, dip your bread in the milk puddle like it's fondue :)
7 comments:
Kids are so creative! They just have a way of thinking about things differently.
I'm so glad your son inspired you and that you decided to join in! Your poem made me smile.
That was wonderful! I love it :)
Now, doesn't your brain feel better? I'm so glad you did this!
With children around we could find inspiration to write one of these every day, right?
I love that you saw the mess as "innovation." That's a picture of well-adjusted mothering!
This cracks me up! At my house though, the discovery of this particular "innovation" has led to fun, repeated, and daily performances. Still, it makes for a great cinquain!
Love it! Endless inspiration, those kids... :)
i'm so doing this!! :)
Kids see things so differently than us boring adults. I wish I hadn't lost my ability to see spilled milk as fondue...
Post a Comment