Friday, October 30, 2009

Quick Takes

It's been a madhouse around here today, but I will not be deterred!
Here are some Quick Takes that live up to their name!

1. The kids have been watching a show called "Oswald" on Nick Jr. Guess what? The actor who does the voice of Oswald is none other than Fred Savage! You know, Kevin Arnold from "The Wonder Years"! Does anyone else find it ironic that he spent all that time on TWY in love with a girl named Winnie and he has now played a large blue octopus constantly accompanied by a (literal) weiner dog named... Weenie? It's just too perfect. Winnie... Weenie. I love it.

2. Halloween brings out the worst in me. Maybe we forgot to bring the bag of candy we bought for the church's fall festival, and maybe I opened the bag and ate some of the candy. And maybe my husband noticed and said, "You ate the childrens' candy!" like I was Santa and I got caught gleefully ripping open presents. Chocolate temptation is the worst.

3. Yesterday we were at the park and I was shadowing Eli. He excitedly stooped by some flowers and marveled at their intricate petals. He showed me. I oohed and aahed. I stooped down too, hoping to share in the moment. He smiled welcomingly when I reached his eye level, then quickly grabbed two fistfuls of the landscaping bark and threw them in my face. I would have been enraged if he hadn't run away, burbling that cute little giggle he's got going on. Man.

4. The other night we had quesadillas for dinner. I ruined two -two!- in a row even after adjusting the heat I was cooking at and every other variable I had control over. I finally stomped away to eat my charred quesadilla while my husband disappeared into the kitchen. He returned 10 minutes later with a perfect quesadilla. Man.

5. I've struck out with a few paint color choices in this house, and the dining room was one of the victims. I finally got around to repainting it this week and putting together the framed facial silhouettes of my sons that I've been meaning to do for awhile. It turned out great! I'd show you a picture, but one of those darlings made off with the memory card adapter. If you're interested in the project, here are some good instructions: http://www.things-to-make-and-do.co.uk/paper-and-card-projects/silhouette/silhouette.html

6. Now that I'm on the Twilight bandwagon, I get uber-excited every time the preview for "New Moon" airs during commercial time. They need to hurry up with the last two! I want to see what Renesmee looks like :)

7. Sunday marks the start of November, and November is the very best month of the year, you know. Other than that whole turkey/gratitude thing we Americans celebrate later in the month, the momentous occasion of my birthday is on the 19th! I love love love birthdays in general and mine is always fun and fabulous. And psst... If you read this far, I'll tell you a secret: I'm doing a giveaway that week so you can party with me! Hooray!

Thanks for bearing with my quick takes! Please ignore any horrific typos and/or grammatical errors :) More Quick Takes @ Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Man. :)

I'm guessing Renesmee (btw, I can't stand that name, can you?) looks something like a combination of my girls. They say she's gorgeous, right?! Put mine together and that right there is the most gorgeous a girl can be.

I'm SO ready for your birthday week! Can I get extra entries if I send you a pack of halloween candy of your very own?

Where did you muster the energy to paint a room AND make decorations?!

Emily said...

Okay, so #2 had me laughing out loud, but #4 made it sound like you're living my life. There's nothing that infuriates me more than when my husband makes something delicious while I'm busy destroying things in the kitchen.

Happy early birthday! And Happy Halloween!