Friday, September 18, 2009

Quick Takes- Welcome, Noah :)

1. I had a baby Monday afternoon. Normally immediately after delivery, I pat my slightly deflated stomach and crack to the doctor, "Look, I'm thin again!" But he seemed very focused on delivering the placenta so I figured I'd skip the joke this time around and stare at my newborn instead.

2. Noah Casey- that's his name. Casey is after my beloved baby brother (you're still a baby even when you're 23, right?) And we had no idea when we selected the name Noah how many Noah's ark references people would whip out when they heard. Poor kid's going to have a rough go of it every time it rains for the rest of his life.

3. I was mortified to look at the initial batch of pictures we sent out to family and friends and realize that the package of Depends adult diapers I'd bought just for the post-delivery fabulousness were apparent in almost every single photo. Sigh.

4. My husband is the best ever. Last night he was changing Noah's diaper and just as he was about to seal up the fresh diaper, Noah pooped all over him. "Oh no!" he yelled, frantically grabbing for more wipes. And then Noah started peeing everywhere. Ben finally paused for a moment, looked up at me, and said, "I... I don't know what to do." Sometimes, you get in a fight with a newborn's waste system. Sometimes, you lose.

5. Our older boys? They love Noah. Gabriel's favorite line this week has been, "Noah Baby cute!!!!!" Eli gets a slightly frightening, mischievous look when he beholds the new addition, but overall he's limited his interaction to excited hissing and patting his swaddled brother. The olders are, however, having difficulty embracing the previously unheeded concept called VOLUME CONTROL. Noah should have been born with ear muffs on.

6. I adore the newborn bliss that settles over our house when we bring a baby home. Pandemonium best describes our current routine, but we're happy and we're blessed. I'll try to remember this euphoria when things get utterly insane and I have 3 little boys crying for 3 different reasons :)

7. More Quick Takes @ Conversion Diary! Enjoy :)

8 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Beautiful. That's all I can think of to describe Noah. Most newborns look wrinkly and troubled...Noah looks perfect and peaceful. So sweet and handsome he is :)

Emily G. said...

I can't get over how gorgeous he is!

Nzie (theRosyGardener) said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

Dina said...

oops! that was me: anonymous!

Anonymous said...

congrats! he's beautiful!! but of course you won't want to tell him that...just let him know how handsome he is!!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Loved reading this! Congrats again! He's so cute!

Amanda said...

I love the name you chose! And of course I agree with all the other commenters: he's a beautiful baby! The fighting with (and losing to) a newborn's waste system & Depends photo stories are both funny! I recently took tons of cute photos of Abigail in our kitchen where my husband was holding her, only to find later that a dirty cast-iron frying pan was prominently displayed right beside her face (it was behind her) in every shot! But still, I think Depends wins!

Enjoy your newborn bliss!!!

Melanie B said...

Congratulations. He's gorgeous.

I am so glad to read that even seasoned veterans with two boys under their belts sometimes lose the battle with baby boy's newborn waste system. It's not just that I'm used to girls. My wall has been hosed an embarrassing number of times as I still haven't got the hang of being fast enough to catch little boys rapid fire.