Sunday, August 2, 2009

this is my life.

Our weekend was fun and busy, yet still calm despite the pandemonium. The flurry was punctuated by lots of amusing moments courtesy of our fabulous little boys.

During a tour of the maternity wing at the hospital I'll be delivering at shortly, Gabriel decided to scream, "Yummy cookies!" a few times. I guess it had gotten too quiet.

Eli threw the quesadilla I so lovingly made for him onto the floor. He grinned while I muttered and scraped it off the hardwood. Such a stinker. Such a cheese-waster.

At church this morning, an older woman in the row behind me gave me a nice, uninvited rub on the belly. Twice. Normally I'd visibly recoil and then default to my secret knowledge of karate, but she looked so excited for me that my anti-social reaction melted away within seconds. Minutes later we were in the middle of worship and I was suddenly overwhelmed with happiness. I remembered when Ben and I initially learned I was pregnant with Gabriel, I would rest my hands on my flat(ter), first trimester stomach and marvel that there was life, the beginning of our family and our story together, right there, just beneath my palms.

Here we are now, nearing the start of another chapter to thicken the novel of our journey. ...I'd have never fathomed the immeasurable blessings or the brilliant colors of each and every day since the Author's pen hit the paper.

3 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

You write the most beautiful thoughts :)

Lenae said...

Thanks, Sarah! But stop- I'm blushing! :D

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed this post - you captured some lovely moments!

I agree about the uninvited pregnant belly rubs, but I love the memory it inspired in you! I remember feeling the same way early in my pregnancy - looking at my stomach and hardly believing it contained new life.