I decided to spend my energy picking up some last minute things for my family's big visit next week. The Walmart near our home is PACKED in the middle of the night. I have no idea why the rest of the city wants to be weird and shop during sleeping hours like I do, but there we all are. The lines are horrendous. Some have brought their kids along for the fun... and the kids are understandably cranky.
Tonight, though, it was peaceful! Quiet! I spent twenty minutes looking for sofa slipcovers they apparently don't carry (a very grumpy sales associate answered my inquiries with the most emphatic 'no' I've heard in awhile... It was actually kind of inspiring. But chilling too.) I smelled all the candles and still ended up buying the kind I always get. I went crazy and grabbed cinnamon floss instead of peppermint. I was feeling so giddy I called my husband to share, but what do you know? He was trying to sleep. I apologized by wandering over to the generic music compilation display and putting the phone up to the speaker so he could drift off to the Tribal Flutes CD.
And now I'm home again. My brain is currently full of:
- The sound of the fish tank in the room next to me. It sounds like a running toilet, which is slightly annoying.
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 drama. Yep, I watched. It bummed me out so much, I only made it through 20 minutes. I really hope they pull through this, family and faith intact.
- Darn you, Walmart Online, for not having rush delivery!
- Oh well, it's an excuse to go shopping tomorrow. With the kids! They'll love it.
1 comment:
I love shopping on my own, it's such a treat isn't it? I can wander through Target or Walmart for hours if the kids aren't with me. I take my moments when I can get them.
Post a Comment