Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rough morning. Teething 10-month-old. 2 1/2 year old on a rampage.

And the morning sickness. Let's not talk about that.

I had the wee one on my lap most of the morning. He's typically a squirmy little guy, but today he was in a lounging mood while another tooth broke through on his top gum. It would have been quite idyllic had the bigger boy not been, as I've stated, on a rampage. He removed the stuffing from a throw pillow and piled it in the middle of the floor. He snuck over to the computer and somehow made half the toolbars go away. And then he peed, without any warning, in the dining room.

I was ready for naptime in the worst way about 2 hours prior to naptime.

But now they are quiet in their bedrooms, the ceiling fans whirring above them for the first time this year as the temperature nears 70. I'm testing my luck here, but I'll peek in on them a half dozen times and sigh over their puckered lips and the slumber-blush on their cheeks. All is forgiven, of course.

No comments: