Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We're back from Ohio! I thought we had some weird weather here in Georgia, but it was pretty crazy for the week we were up there: extreme cold (but no snow) for a few days, freezing rain for another couple, then a sunny 70 degrees the day after Christmas! I also learned some new mathematical equations-
Freezing rain + extreme cold = Ice all over creation, especially the driveway!
Icy driveway + Lenae = Lots and lots of pain
I fell. I had many bruises.

Other than that, the kiddos had tons of fun. They enjoyed their first Christmas story reading with Papaw (Ben's dad). And by 'enjoyed', I mean Eli climbed all over me and made loud, adventurous sounds, and Gabriel had a fit because he couldn't go unwrap presents yet. We made it, though, and the gift exchange began! Their toy supply was replenished by all the grandparents and Ben scored an entire Ohio State bathroom set (so I can revel in the college football madness with him, all year long! Hooray for me!) At the end of it all, I was exhausted and overwhelmed by how blessed we are. We have all that we need and more.

Gabriel is humoring us with his growing vocabulary. He's finally started calling Eli by name, not "baby." (Well, he calls him "Why-why" but it works.) He helped me put away the Christmas ornaments this evening and is very occupied lately with his train set, "The Brave Little Toaster", and stealing toys from his brother. Eli will be 9-months-old in a few days and I am shocked to realize that I will need to start planning a birthday party for him pretty soon! He eats as much as Gabriel but is very much unique from his big bro in every way. It has been interesting to see all the differences between him and Gabriel... For example, G was a champ about sleeping. If he woke up at night, he'd eat and go right back to sleep. But Eli... Eli eats, then wants to party! We're still trying to maneuver around this nocturnal streak. Overall, though, they're both doing great and we're excited to see what 2009 brings!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that picture of Eli on the scooter. He is squishy and yummy. Welcome back to Georgia. Isn't it weird coming back after a long vacation?

Anonymous said...

yeah talk about weird weather, it was exactly the same in PA! but being that the two states are in the same general area, that makes sense. i love the pictures of the boys, and i totally hear you about feeling blessed for the lives we have. we are so lucky!!