Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins, Part II

We finally carved our pumpkin today! The poor thing probably thought it had escaped the typical fate of pumpkins; either way, it didn't exactly spend the last few days in comfort since Gabriel took to kicking it every time he walked by. First off, a disclaimer: I really don't know what happened to Gabriel's pants prior to the carving experience. You don't mind though, right? Look at those Elmo undies- they're awesome!

Anyways, Ben and I did most of the work. Gabriel hovered and supervised, occasionally bursting out with, "Nice!" or "Ew..." or "Dude!" (I taught him the last one yesterday... Few things are funnier than a little boy saying 'dude' with as much zest as his Californian mother.) His curiosity eventually overwhelmed him and he stuck his little arm in there and removed about 1.5 seeds before deciding it was more fun to stab the pumpkin while we finished up.

Tonight, we lit that baby up. He was thrilled with his new friend and emotionally bid it farewell after I'd snapped a few pictures.

Lastly, here are some yummy pictures of Eli. He hasn't been sleeping much which means WE haven't been sleeping much, but he's so cute that at this point he could gamble our house away and I wouldn't mind.

No comments: