Saturday, September 20, 2008

fall & friends.

According to a few sources I looked up, autumn will officially begin sometime in the next few days. If you live in Augusta, I'm sure you felt the same as we did today: Ahhhhh.... It's finally here.... After a typically blistering and humid summer (one third of which was survived without air conditioning!), today was a blissful, crisp 81 degrees. We had yummy homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast (so easy to make! I'll never buy them from the store again!) and strolled through Walmart while we grabbed a few things. Gabriel's friend, McKennon, came over for a few hours, and they had their usual mischievous fun (destroying each room in the house systematically while screaming incoherently... well, maybe a few random letters thrown in there too). They played outside in the glorious sunshine and Gabriel was so tired after his buddy went home that he fell asleep while eating dinner. It was a wonderful, peaceful, simple day... the most perfect one we've had in awhile. Nothing exciting or extravagant, just slow hours filled with humorous moments and a crushing awareness of how truly whole and blessed our life is.
"Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
"
I Chronicles 29:13

2 comments:

Pilkington Family said...

I think you should post your cinnamon recipe so the rest of us can enjoy them too!!!

Pilkington Family said...

oh I mean your cinnamon ROLLS recipe