Monday, August 25, 2008

Indulging our nerdy side.


Last Thursday, we had a family day in Columbia, SC... specifically, at the EdVenture Children's Museum. It's always fun to get away and do something new, and with our oldest boy getting, well, older, it's awesome as parents to watch him enjoy things. Anyhoo, I know some of you out there have been to the museum; Remember that gigantic "kid" statue in the center of the place? Gabriel FREAKED OUT when he saw it. Like, started screaming, suctioned himself to Ben's leg, and screamed as LOUD AS POSSIBLE in the entry way while we paid for our tickets. That's fun, people, with a capital F (I have to admit, though, it was a little weird. And maybe, if my personal dignity wasn't important to me, I'd also admit that if my husband wouldn't have pointed and laughed -and told about a million people about it- I might have screamed and ran away too). We managed to take Gabriel's mind off the freakish structure by distracting him with skeletons and huge teeth displays. However, the little stinker ruined a perfect photo opportunity by refusing to put on the cool fireman outfits by the fire truck exhibit (the Pilkington girls wore them! Why, Gabriel, why?) Eli can't fight back, though, so we put the gear on him. How cute is he?!

1 comment:

Shanna Pyzer said...

What very good and education-fostering parents you are....taking your little ones to the museum. Wow, you are admirable!! Just teasing!!! Very fun. The Gabriel incident reminds me of one of my children. Hmmmm, I wonder which one!!!!!