Friday, December 7, 2007

we're here! ...and other randomness.

After sneaking around for the last month or so reading other people's blogs (sorry.... creepy, I know), I figured I might as well join the club and get one too. It was all fairly easy to set up, except that my internet froze up three times near the end and I got so frustrated I almost threw it out the window... (Good-bye computer and new family blog). Anyways, the computer was spared because I realized my son had wandered into the kitchen and from the sounds of it, was probably taking all my pots and pans out.

In other news, you'll have to sneak in close, because I'm about to share confidential information with you: We're getting Gabriel a big boy bed for Christmas! We've been slowly trying to transition him toward the idea by putting up a safety rail on the side of his crib, throwing a "real" pillow in there with him, and hoping for the best. So far, he's been handling it like a pro and hasn't resisted it. However, I am NOT used to being woken by him banging on his door like his room is on fire. This afternoon, about 10 minutes after I put him down for his nap, I heard suspicious play sounds. I cracked open the door and there he was sitting right by it, playing with toys! He looked completely shocked at my intrusion, then fearful at the consequences, and he got up and high-tailed it back into his bed with speed I have never observed in him before. In fact, he was going so fast he face-planted into the corner of his crib.